As a proud parent and graduate of the Howard County Public School System, Ken understands the importance and value of a high quality education. Ken believes that the schools in Howard County, from pre-K to community college, are best equipped to prepare our future leaders for the challenges of tomorrow.
During his first term, County Executive Ulman has made education a top priority by:
- Committing more than 62% of the budget toward education – public schools, libraries, and Howard Community College
- Working with the School System to identify areas where it could partner with County Government to run more efficiently, focusing more funding where it matters most, in our classrooms
Under Ken’s leadership, Howard County continues to lead the way in Maryland and throughout the country.
- Our local schools are ranked #1 in the state
- Our library system is ranked in the top five in the nation
- More than 90 percent of public school graduates go on to college