When Ken took office in 2006, he made a commitment to Howard County: Make government work for all its citizens. Ken has demonstrated sound fiscal management by cutting costs and identifying innovative solutions to make government operate more efficiently.
- Ken implemented the biggest spending cuts in two decades and saved the taxpayers millions
- Received a Triple-A bond rating from all three rating agencies – one of less 30 counties in the nation awarded
- Decreased the county’s administration budget by $2.4 million
- Added $6 million to the rainy-day fund
- Reduced take-home car use by 70 percent and cut back on cell phones used by County employees, resulting in a combined savings of over $700,000 per year
- Eliminated the county’s TV studio and print shop, saving the county $1.2 million